Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 1 large onion chopped or sliced
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 16 oz can pumpkin or 2 cups pureed pumpkin
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup half and half
- Worcestershire sauce or Tabasco sauce to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Saute butter in 2 quart saucepan until tender.
Add pumpkin, chicken broth, potato, curry powder and nutmeg; mix well. Cook over low heat until potato is tender.
Process in small batches in blender.
Combine with half and half, Worcestershire sauce ,salt and pepper. Simmer until heated through.