2002 Sugar-Free Cranberry Gelatin Salad
"We don't miss the sugar in this cool, tart and tangy gelatin salad," writes Janet Davis of Atkinson, Nebraska. "It's my family's favorite, especially at the holidays because of its festive color. Walnuts and celery adds a delightful crunch."
Originally published as Cranberry Gelatin Salad in Light & Tasty October/November 2001, p46
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a 3 quart microwave-safe dish, combine cranberries and apple juice concentrate; cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 6 to
7-1/2 minutes or until most of the berries have popped. Immediately stir in gelatin powder until dissolved. Cool for 10-15 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour into a 2 quart ring mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours. Un-mold onto a serving plate just before serving.
You'll also love
- Camilla Consuelos' Sausage Apple... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Herb Braised Pork Tenderloin 4.5/5 (12 Votes)
- Fresh Squeezed Lemonade with... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken Breast with Cilantro & Red... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Hungarian-Style Gulyas Soup (my... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Strawberry Angel Pie 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Cranberry Meringue Pie 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Caesar Potato & Egg Salad 4.5/5 (14 Votes)