Spicy Beef and Noodle Soup
Nice and easy soup, not too spicy. Maddie liked it with soya sauce.
- 300 g / 10.5 oz lean rump beef, cut into thin strips
- 1 litre (1 3/4 pints) beef stock
- 2 lemongrass sticks, tough outer leaves removed, chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and diced (or 1 frozen red chilli cube)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 125 g / 4.5 oz dried thread egg noodles
- 110 g / 4 oz mange tout
- 110 g / 4 oz baby corn
Heat a large lidded non-stick saucepan and spray with cooking spray. Add beef and stir-fry 3-5 minutes until browned. Add the stock, lemongrass, chillies and lime juice.
Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the noodles, mange tout and baby corn. Bring to the boil. Simmer gently for 5 minutes until noodles are cooked and vegetables tender.
Serve, optionally garnished with fresh coriander.