Not Yo Mama's Banana Pudding
Bananas, cream cheese, and vanilla pudding make this a rich and decadent dessert, yet easy to make. Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies OR 2 bags Vanilla Wafers
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5 oz.) box instant French Vanilla pudding
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer.
Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth.
Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended.
Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.