Michael Symon's Leg of Lamb with Roasted Potatoes
This year treat your family to a delicious leg of lamb for Easter. It's simple to make and will be an immediate hit.
- For the Leg of Lamb:
- 6 Shallots (minced)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 cup Fresh Oregano
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds (toasted and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 6-pound Bone-in Leg of Lamb
- For the Roasted Potatoes:
- Nonstick vegetable cooking oil spray
- 4 pounds Unpeeled Fingerling Potatoes (rinsed and halved lengthwise)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Dill
- 4 teaspoons Finely grated Lemon Peel
- 24 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- For the Tzatziki Sauce:
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cucumber
- Kosher Salt
- Juice and Zest of 2 Lemons
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Minced Shallot
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 240mins
6 Shallots (minced)
4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
1/4 cup Fresh Rosemary
1/4 cup Fresh Oregano
2 tablespoons Sugar
2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds (toasted and crushed)
1 tablespoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
1 1/2 tablespoon Kosher Salt
For the Leg of Lamb: Mix together in a medium bowl the shallots, garlic, rosemary, oregano, sugar, coriander, red pepper flakes, and salt.
1 6-pound Bone-in Leg of Lamb
Rub the mixture all over the surface of the lamb. Place in a large glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Remove the lamb from the baking dish, rinse off the seasonings, and pat dry. Let the lamb sit a room temperature for 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Heat a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the lamb and brown on all sides, 7 to 10 minutes.
Transfer the lamb, fat side up, to a roasting rack set into a roasting pan. If you have extra rosemary lay the sprigs over the lamb with a drizzle of olive oil over the top. Roast until the lamb reaches an internal temperature of 140F, about 1 1/2 hours.
Remove the lamb from the pan and set it aside to rest for 20 minutes.
Slice and serve.
For the Potatoes:
Position 1 rack in top third and 1 rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375°.
Nonstick vegetable cooking oil spray
Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray.
4 pounds Unpeeled Fingerling Potatoes (rinsed and halved lengthwise)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
Kosher salt and black pepper
Toss potatoes with 1/2 cup olive oil in large bowl. Sprinkle generously with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spread potatoes in single layer on baking sheets, dividing equally. Roast 30 minutes.
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Fresh Lemon Juice
6 tablespoons Fresh Chopped Dill
4 teaspoons Finely grated Lemon Peel
Meanwhile, whisk extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and lemon peel in small bowl to blend for dressing.
24 Garlic Cloves (sliced)
Toss garlic and 2 tablespoons dressing in another small bowl. Divide garlic mixture between baking sheets with potatoes and toss; reverse baking sheets and continue to roast until potatoes are tender and brown around edges, about 15 minutes longer.
Toss roasted potatoes in large bowl with enough of remaining dressing to coat and serve.
2 cups Greek Yogurt
For the Tzatziki Sauce: Put the yogurt in cheesecloth-lined strainer and set over a bowl and let drain for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
Peel and dice the cucumber, sprinkle it with salt and place in a strainer at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours to drain.
Juice and Zest of 2 Lemons
2 tablespoons Chopped Fresh Mint
1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Minced Shallot
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Stir together the yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice and zest, mint, garlic, and shallot in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
You'll also love
- Crab-Stuffed Filet Mignon with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Nut-Crusted Flounder Fillets 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Quick Vegetarian Chili with... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Cornbread Casserole 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Coffee-Rubbed Prime Rib 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Beef Porcupine Meatballs 4.4/5 (8 Votes)
- Moussaka (Eggplant and Lamb... 5/5 (3 Votes)
- Taco Potatoes 4.9/5 (14 Votes)