A perfect dessert to treat a big crowd on the occasion of Christmas – wonderful truffles that are made using a cake mix and cream cheese frosting. Dipped into candy coating and sprinkled with fancy sugar to make them festive.
- 1 box German chocolate cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 bottle red food color
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 cup cream cheese frosting
- 3 (14-ounce) bags white or green candy melts or coating wafers
- Red sugar sprinkles
Preparation time 85mins
Cooking time 180mins
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour. In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil, eggs, food color and cocoa with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Pour into pan.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack.
Line cookie sheets with waxed paper. Remove cake from pan and crumble into large bowl; stir in frosting. Roll mixture into 1 1/4 inch balls; place on cookie sheets.
Melt candy melts as directed on package. Dip each cake ball into melted coating, tapping off excess and taking care not to get crumbs in coating. Return to cookie sheets. Decorate with sugar before coating sets.
You'll also love
- Snickerdoodle Bread 4.2/5 (674 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Steak Seasoning 3.9/5 (439 Votes)
- Crack Cake 3.9/5 (249 Votes)
- Fried Rice 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rumaki - Bacon Wrapped Pineapple &... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Almond Cookies (non Geb) (Pesach) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Wellington with Mushrooms... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Butter Tarts 0/5 (0 Votes)