Enjoy restaurant style fried rice that you make at home! This easy recipe has lots of veggies and teriyaki-tossed chicken for a boost of protein.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size pieces
- Teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 cup frozen zucchini slices, thawed
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
Adapted from life-as-a-lofthouse.blogspot.com
Toss chicken in teriyaki sauce. Cook rice, according to package directions. Store both chicken and rice in fridge overnight.
On medium high heat, heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add the onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender.
Add all frozen veggies and stir fry until tender.
Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled.
Add chicken, rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated.