ROMANO CHICKEN WITH LEMON GARLIC PASTA
- ROMANO CHICKEN:
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts (butterflied or thinly cut into cutlets)
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- dry parsley
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (homemade or store-bought)
- oil for frying (I used combination of olive oil and sunflower oil)s
- LEMON GARLIC PASTA:
- 1/2 lb linguine or spaghetti or other pasta
- juice from 1 lemon, or to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- zest from 1/4 lemon
- 2 Tbsp butter, cold
- 2-3 Tbsp whipping cream, or to taste
- salt, pepper
Adapted from kitchennostalgia.com
Place parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. In another dish, put beaten egg with dry parsley; in third dish put panko bread crumbs.
Season chicken cutlets with salt and pepper; dredge with parmesan cheese, dip into beaten egg; press the chicken in panko bread crumbs to coat on both sides; shake off the excess.
Heat olive oil in a pan; add chicken cutlets and cook on low heat until golden and cooked through.
LEMON GARLIC PASTA:
Cook pasta according to package direction; drain (reserve about ½ cup pasta water).
Add lemon juice to a pan; add garlic, lemon zest, a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook until liquid is reduced to about half.
Add 1 Tbsp butter and slowly melt into your sauce, while swirling the pan; add another 1 Tbsp butter and repeat; stir in whipping cream and about 2 Tbsp pasta water.
Add cooked pasta and toss to combine. Serve romano chicken over lemon garlic pasta
You'll also love
- Honey Mustard Kielbasa and Potatoes 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Loaded Skillet Green Beans 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Classic Cherry Pie 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Chocolate-Glazed Coconut Almond... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Hearty Chicken Gnocchi Soup 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Guacamole with Roasted Garlic 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Low Carb Ricotta Gnocchi 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Kristi's Out Of This World... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)