Quinoa With Garlic, Pine Nuts and Raisins
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Place the quinoa in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until toasted, about 2 minutes. Add 1 3/4 cups water (or use low-sodium chicken broth) and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit, covered, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, toast the pine nuts in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring, until golden, about 3 minutes; transfer to a plate. Add the olive oil and garlic to the skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring, until golden, about 2 minutes. Transfer the garlic to the plate, reserving the oil.
Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Add the pine nuts, garlic, reserved oil, parsley, raisins and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss.
Per serving (3/4 cup): Calories 300; Fat 15 g (Saturated 2 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 5 mg; Carbohydrate 37 g; Fiber 4 g; Protein 8 g
You'll also love
- Shrimp and Bacon Napoleons2 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Biscuits 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Olive Straws 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemongrass and Ginger Potato Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Red Currant-Glazed Cornish Hens... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roasted Salmon with Garlic Butter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Raisin Nut Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)