Ricotta Gnocchi with Peas and Herbed-Lemon Butter
- 1 recipe Ricotta Gnocchi or 1 pound store-bought gnocchi
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 1/2 cups shelled peas (See Note)
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
Adapted from thekitchn.com
Bring a large amount of water to a boil and add the gnocchi. Once they bob to the surface, cook for an additional 2 minutes. (Or according to package directions.)
While gnocchi are cooking, melt butter over low heat in a large skillet. Stir in the lemon juice, zest, and herbs. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds. Add the shelled peas and stir to coat peas with the butter. Continue cooking until the peas are warm, 3 to 4 minutes.
Drain the gnocchi and add them to the pea mixture. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese.
If you're unable to find fresh peas or don't want to shell fresh peas, substitute frozen peas. Thaw frozen peas before using.
You'll also love
- Southern Style BBQ Fish Taco with... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Honey Orange Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Orange Balls 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Autumn Couscous Salad 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- beefless tips pasta gardein 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Seared Shrimp, Scallop and Grape... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Coconut-Lemon Crepe Cake 4.4/5 (13 Votes)