Amazing Butternut Squash
- 1 Butternut squash - peeled,seeded and cubed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
2. In a large pot, bring the squash to boil. Reduce to a simmer until squash is soft.
3. In a large bowl, mash the softened squash. Mix in the mayonnaise, onion, egg, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture into a 2 quart baking dish.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together crackers, Parmesan and butter. Sprinkle over the squash mixture.
5. Bake uncovered in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes, until the topping is lightly brown.