Salmon with Lentils and Mustard-Herb Butter (Saumon aux Lentilles)
- For mustard-herb butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon chopped tarragon
- 2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- For lentils
- 1 cup French green lentils
- 4 cups water
- 2 medium leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- For salmon
- 4 (6-ounce) pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Salmon-with-Lentils-and-Mustard-Herb-Butter-em-Saumon-aux-Lentilles-em-241768#ixzz1lvoNEyEd
Make mustard-herb butter:
Stir together all ingredients with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
Bring lentils, water, and 3/4 teaspoon salt to a boil in a heavy medium saucepan, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until lentils are just tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking liquid, then drain lentils.
While lentils cook, chop leeks, then wash . Cook leeks in butter in a heavy medium skillet over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
Add lentils with reserved cooking liquid to leeks along with 3 tablespoons mustard-herb butter and cook, stirring, until lentils are heated through and butter is melted. Add lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and keep warm, covered.
Sauté salmon while leeks cook:
Pat salmon dry and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (total).
Heat butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until foam subsides, then sauté salmon, turning once, until golden and just cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes total.
Serve salmon, topped with remaining mustard-herb butter, over lentils.
·Mustard-herb butter can be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Soften at room temperature before using (1 hour).
·Lentils can be cooked (but not drained) 1 day ahead and chilled in cooking liquid, covered (once cool).
Read More http://www.epicurious.com:80/recipes/food/views/Salmon-with-Lentils-and-Mustard-Herb-Butter-em-Saumon-aux-Lentilles-em-241768#ixzz1lvoUFWQW
You'll also love
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry (WW 5... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Seared Scallops with... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sauteed Tilapia with Peppercorn... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Baked "Fried" Fish 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Sesame Salmon Spread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Salmon Mousse 4/5 (1 Votes)
- White Bean and Ham Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Lentil & Mushroom Soup 4/5 (1 Votes)