Sweet Corn Pudding
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 12 ounce frozen bags corn or 12 ears corn with kernels cut off
- 1/4 cup flour, all purpose
- 1 quart heavy cream
- 1 cup cooked grits - 6 TBS uncooked
- 3 TBS minced jalapeño or chile peppers
- salt and ground pepper
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded white cheddar about 4 ounces
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat ovn to 425 degreesF. In a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and garlic and cook 3 minutes. Add corn and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes more. Add flour and stir for 1 minute, then stir in cream. Continue to stir until the mixture comes to a boil, about 15 minutes. Add cooked grits and remove pot from heat. Stir in peppers and season with salt and pepper.
2. With handheld immersion blender in pot, puree corn mixture while slowly adding eggs until thoroughly incorporated.
3. Pour mixture into 9 x 13 inch baking dish and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until center puffs and top turns golden brown, 25-30 minutes.