Caramel peach batter pie.
An easy caramel peach batter pie.
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sifted all-purpose flour (sift before measuring)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- Caramel sauce, below
- 1 3/4 cups drained sliced peaches, reserve juice for sauce
Cooking time 60mins
Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and sugar. Add butter, milk, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer. Add egg and beat 1 minute longer. Fold in peaches, reserving 8 slices for topping later; pour batter into unbaked pie shell. Spoon cooled caramel sauce over top of batter. Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes, or until set. 10 minutes before the pie is done, quickly arrange reserved peach slices over the top. Serve peach pie warm.
* 2/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
* 1/4 cup butter
* 1/4 cup reserved peach juice
* 2 tablespoons corn syrup
Combine all sauce ingredients in saucepan; bring to a boil. Cook for 1 minute. Cool to lukewarm.