Stuffed Cornish Hen
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fast-cooking long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup sliced water chestnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 5 Cornish game hens (20 to 24 ounces each)
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 75mins
•In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook celery and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the contents of the rice seasoning packet, broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir in the water chestnuts, cranberries, onions and soy sauce. Stuff into hens.
•Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear and a meat thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 165°. Cut each hen in half lengthwise to serve.