Cornish Hens with Autumn Fruit
- 8 cornish hens
- 12 large cloves of garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 4 T dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c red wine vinegar
- 1 c pitted prunes
- 1 c dried apricots
- 1 c pitted green olives
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 1/2 c capers and some of it’s juice
- 8 bay leaves
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 c dry white
- 4 T parsley
Run hens under cold water and pat dry. Cut in 2 pieces, lengthwise and remove breast bone.
Then cut in 2 more pieces (so you have 4 pieces per Cornish hen.
In a large bowl combine everything except sugar, white wine and parsley. Marinate and
Next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a shallow roasting pan, place Cornish hens, spoon marinade over hens. Pour white wine in
the dish (not over the hens) and sprinkle brown sugar over top of hens.
Bake for 1 ¼ hour. Serve with wild rice.
You'll also love
- Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry 0/5 (0 Votes)
- AMISH CLASSIC BANANA CAKE 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Pork Chops with an Apple... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Onions Soubise 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn Party... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- CORN ON THE COB DIPPER 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck Confit Nachos 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornish Hens With Fresh Figs 0/5 (0 Votes)