Tunnel o Fudge Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 sticks (1/2 pound) soft unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate,
- melted chocolate
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
Preparation time 50mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan; dust with flour or cocoa.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Set aside.
In a large bowl, cream the butter, both sugars and the vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each. At low speed, mix in the dry ingredients in 3 additions, alternating with the pumpkin.
Transfer 1 cup of batter to a small bowl; stir in the chocolate. Spoon 3 cups of the pumpkin batter into the prepared pan; smooth the top. Using a small spoon, make a shallow ditch in the center of the batter, forming a ring. Drop the chocolate batter into the ditch. Cover with the remaining pumpkin batter, smoothing the top.
Bake for 45–50 minutes, until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 15 minutes, then turn out to cool completely. If desired, prepare Chocolate Glaze and drizzle over the cooled cake. Let stand until set.
In a saucepan, bring the cream to a boil. Remove from heat. Add the chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Let cool for 1 hour, until thickened but pourable.