Double lemon spritz cookies
Really light & lemony. A nice crisp cookie made with a cookie press.
- 1/4 cup of butter (or 1/8 cup butter & 1/8 cup coconut oil for healthier cookie).
- 1 cup sugar (organic sugars are best)
- Zest of 1 lemon (I use organic from my orchard)
- 1 egg (I use organic free range duck goose or turkey eggs from my birds)
- Juice of 1 lemon (organic preferred)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups ap unbleached (organic if available) flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use kosher or sea salt)
Combine butter sugar & zest; beat on high with stand mixer or hand mixer until light & fluffy. Add egg & juice; beat on med. combine baking powder, flour& salt in med bowl. Add to wet ingredients in lg spoonfuls beating after each addition. Put dough in cookie press & extrude onto an urn greased cookie sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 min cool on rack. Store in airtight container.