Potato Soup, Heavy on the Bacon
- 12 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 4 potatoes, baked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Cook bacon and reserve grease. Set bacon aside to cool. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon crumbles for garnish, if desired.
Combine bacon grease with flour and stir until all the flour is absorbed (add 1 tablespoon more of flour if necessary). Continue cooking for 1 minute.
Slowly add heavy whipping cream and milk, stirring constantly until thickened.
Add potatoes and bacon crumbles.
Top with reserved bacon and Cheddar cheese.
You'll also love
- Cherry or Apple Squares 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tex-Mex Turkey Burgers 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Millie's Lemon Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Marinated Zucchini and Onion Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Twice baked Sweet Potato 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Braised Turkey Meatballs with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- LINGUINE WITH SCALLOPS, BACON AND... 0/5 (0 Votes)