Heartland Apple Cake
- 3 1/3 Cup Cake Flour (or 3 1/3 Cup + 6 Tbs Flour)
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Cup diced, peeled Apples
- 1 Cup chopped, toasted Walnuts
- 2 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 Jar (10 oz or about 3/4 Cup) Maraschino Cherries (drained & chopped)
- 1 Package (8 oz) chopped Dates
- Powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 105mins
Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly flour angel food cake pan.
Mix flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
Beat eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium until thick and lemon colored.
Gradually beat in flour mixture beating after each addition, until smooth.
Stir in apples, walnuts, vanilla, cherries and dates.
Spoon into pan. Spread evenly.
Bake 75 minutes to 80 minutes or until done. Cool 15 minutes and remove from pan. Cool on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
To toast nuts, bake uncovered on ungreased shallow pan at 350° for approx. 10 minutes.