Apple Cider Gelatin Salad
- cup chopped celery TOPPING:
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups apple cider or juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash salt
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apples
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar Ground cinnamon Cinnamon sticks, optional
In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. In a saucepan, bring cider to a boil; stir in the gelatin mixture and sugar until dis¬solved. Stir in lemon juice, cloves and salt. Pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 1 hour.
Fold in apples, walnuts and celery.
Pour into a t-qt. dish or individual dish¬es. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
For topping, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and sugar in a bowl until blended. Dollop over salad; sprinkle with cinnamon. Garnish with cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: 6 servings.