White Beans and Spinach Ragout
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomato
- sliced bacon (or turkey bacon), cut in 1 inch pieces
- medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 15 ounce can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups loosely packed torn spinach (or baby spinach, untorn)
- 4 tsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set aside. In a large skillet cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon, reserving 1 tbsp. drippings in skillet. (If using turkey bacon, add 1 tbsp. olive oil to skillet to replace drippings.) Combine vinegar and olive oil in small bowl, set aside.
2. Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and reserved tomato liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in 3 cups of the spinach; cover and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked bacon and remaining spinach.
3. Drizzle vinaigrette over bean mixture. Spoon into 4 individual bowls.
You'll also love
- Honey-Garlic Wings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Southern Shrimp and Sausage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Turkey and Mushroom Cups 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Sugar Rhubarb cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked spinach & pea risotto 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon with Sweet Chili Glaze and... 0/5 (0 Votes)