White Beans and Spinach Ragout
- 14 1/2 ounce can diced tomato
- sliced bacon (or turkey bacon), cut in 1 inch pieces
- medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 15 ounce can cannelloni beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups loosely packed torn spinach (or baby spinach, untorn)
- 4 tsp balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
1. Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/3 cup liquid; set aside. In a large skillet cook bacon pieces until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon, reserving 1 tbsp. drippings in skillet. (If using turkey bacon, add 1 tbsp. olive oil to skillet to replace drippings.) Combine vinegar and olive oil in small bowl, set aside.
2. Add onions to drippings in skillet; cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and reserved tomato liquid. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or until heated through. Stir in 3 cups of the spinach; cover and cook until just wilted, about 30 seconds. Stir in cooked bacon and remaining spinach.
3. Drizzle vinaigrette over bean mixture. Spoon into 4 individual bowls.
You'll also love
- Chi Chi's Sweet corn cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- HOT CRABBIES 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dehydrate Green Beans for a Snack... 2.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Unique Spinach Noodles 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Black Bean Fiesta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Casey's Spinach Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon and Lentils With Moroccan... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild mushroom, white bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)