Cheesy Ground Beef Rice Casserole
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (74 Votes)
- 1 lbs ground beef (lowest fat amount possible)
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream (I use fat free)
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- salt, pepper, oregano
- 1 cup frozen peas
Adapted from hungrylittlegirl.com
1.Preheat oven to 350° F.
2.Spray a skillet with cooking spray and turn on the heat to high.
3.Roast the onions for a few minutes.
4.Add ground beef and garlic, brown the ground beef completely, turn heat to medium.
5.Spice with salt, pepper and oregano how you like it.
6.Add rice, peas tomato sauce, 1 cup cheese and broth, let simmer for 3 minutes.
7.Transfer everything into a casserole dish and bake for 15 minutes.
8.Meanwhile combine the rest of the cheese with the sour cream.
9.After 15 minutes bring the cheese/sour cream mixture on top of you casserole and bake for another 15 minutes.
You'll also love
- Creamy Coconut Shrimp 4.2/5 (83 Votes)
- Zucchini, Squash, Onion & Cheese... 4/5 (95 Votes)
- Fried Cabbage with Onions and Bacon 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- America's test kitchen classic... 4/5 (146 Votes)
- Delicious Ground Beef (or Turkey)... 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Best Meatballs Ever 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
Review this recipe