Apple Pear Pie Stackers with Spiced Roasted Walnuts & Balsamic Reduction
Not too sweet, a little nutty crunch and then some tangy twings, and you’ll see why you want to make a mess of these ‘pie (PI) stackers’ for snacking, too! Loaded with fresh apples and pears and then swimming in a puddle of roasted walnuts, you can add whipping cream, ice cream or maybe a dollop of whipped mascarpone to round out the flavors with something creamy~~of course, if you’re like me, I can take these pie stackers straight up~~nothing but the naked baked pie~ xoxo ~~ally
- 1 refrigerated roll-out pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 crisp apple
- 1 almost ripe pear
- 1/3 cup raw sugar (divided) + more for sprinkling
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature (divided)
- 1 1/4 cups walnuts, chopped (put in food processor)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Balsamic reduction glaze (store bought)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
Adapted from allyskitchen.com
Cut eight 2-3″ rounds or squares from the rolled out pie crust. Plate on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Brush with egg wash. Sprinkle with some of the raw sugar. Set aside.
Using a mandolin, slice the apple and pear (skins on) into thin slices. Take out any seeds. Stack equal layers onto 4 of the pie crust pieces. Top with the remaining pie crust and put a small dollop of butter on each. Bake in a preheated 350 oven about 17-19 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let rest about 7-10 minutes.
In a skillet melt the remaining butter over medium heat. Put the nuts, cinnamon, allspice and salt in the food processor and pulse a few times until the nuts are chopped (there will be varying sizes). Put into the skillet, toss and turn coating the nuts with the butter. Let the nuts roast about 7-10 minutes. Turn off heat and remove.
Plating~~Put a ‘puddle’ of nuts in the center of your serving plate. (Have the puddle flat.) Top with a pie stacker. Drizzle with balsamic and garnish with fresh mint. Ice cream would, no doubt, be great, too!
You'll also love
- Baked Stuffed Lobster 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Asian Red Cabbage Slaw 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Temrika Meslalla (Garlic Beef &... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Pears & Camembert 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Graham Cracker Apple Crisp 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Gingerbread Waffles with a... 4.4/5 (28 Votes)
- Cheddar Pear Pie 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Crumb Topped Pear Pie 4.3/5 (13 Votes)