Pistachio and Cranberry Oat Cookies
- 7 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 cup self rising flour, sifted
- 1 cup oats
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) pistachios, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 3 1/2 oz (100g) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- a little mild, if needed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and cream with an electric hand-held mixer until smooth. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and honey and beat well.
Add the flour, oats, and salt, stirring with a wooden spoon to combine.
Add the chopped nuts and cranberries, and mix until thoroughly combined. If the mixture is too stiff, add a little milk until it becomes pliable.
Take walnut sized pieces and roll them into balls between your palms. Place on 2 or 3 baking sheets lined with parchment and flatten slightly, spacing them well apart on the pan.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden brown (you may need to do this in batches)
Leave ont he pan to cool, then transfer to a wire rack. These will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
You'll also love
- Low Calorie Crunchy Cauliflower 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Red Lobster Cheese Biscuits 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Penne with Sausage & Broccoli Rabe 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Shortcakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange-Chocolate Chunk Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach & Cranberry Side Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)