Orange-Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 deteaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks (6 oz)
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) orange slice gumdrop candies (21 candies), cut into thirds
Prep Time 20 min Total Time 55 min Servings 20
1Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, orange peel, orange juice, vanilla and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon, until creamy. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks and orange candies.
2Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls about 3 inches apart onto ungreased large cookie sheet.
3Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.