A bacon infused bourbon is used to create this delicious variation of a Manhattan with hints of bacon. Yum!
(You will find thing's you do not find here, there) Follow or friend me on Facebook for even more recipe's,etc: https://www.facebook.com/carilynn71 ♥Delish Dish♥ at Facebook Groups https://www.facebook.com/groups/Creates/ ♥Delish Dish♥ at Tumblr http://delishdishs.tumblr.com/
- BACON-INFUSED BOURBON:
- 2-3 dashes bitters
- 1 1/2 ounce bacon-infused bourbon (recipe below)
- 1/2 ounce dry vermouth
- 1/4 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 strip crisp, cooked bacon, for garnish
- 1 cherry (maraschino or brandied), for garnish
- 1 twist orange rind, for garnish
- 2 ounce bacon fat
- 1 1/2 cups bourbon
Adapted from greatideas.people.com
Swirl bitters in a chilled martini glass.
Fill a cocktail shaker with large ice cubes and add the bourbon and vermouths. Shake vigorously, then strain the cocktail into the prepared martini glass.
Cut bacon into small squares. Garnish with a skewered cherry, orange rind and bacon pieces. Serve immediately.
To clarify the bacon fat, melt fat and strain into a bowl. Add 4 ounces boiling water. Stir well and leave until melted fat has set into a cake above the water. Remove cake, scraping off any sediment from the bottom, then melt again.
Combine bourbon and bacon fat in a quart-size jar. Seal with a tightly fitting lid and shake vigorously. Leave the bourbon to infuse at room temperature for 5-8 hours.
Put the jar in the freezer and freeze until all of the bacon fat has solidified at the surface of the bourbon, about 1 hour. Scoop off and discard the bacon fat and strain the bourbon through a fine mesh sieve lined with 2 coffee filters. Extra bacon-infused bourbon can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 weeks, or in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
Note: This technique can be used to add a bacon scent to many different liquids or liquors.
You'll also love
- Linguine with Pesto & Pine nuts 3.8/5 (14 Votes)
- Boudin Blanc Sausage – Mix and... 4.1/5 (9 Votes)
- Snow White Vanilla Cake 4.1/5 (11 Votes)
- Skillet Blackberry Cobbler 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Pioneer Woman's Meatloaf 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Alfredo Pork Chops 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Roast Pork Loin with Balsamic,... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- RumChata Hot Chocolate 3.7/5 (26 Votes)