Black Bean Burgers
- 400 g (drained) black beans and black eye beans
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 7 teaspoons chipotle sauce (I used Heinz)
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 5mins
Adapted from mrs-jones-to-be.blogspot.com
Start by finely dicing a small onion and garlic. On a low heat soften the onion and garlic then allow to cool.
While the onion and garlic are cooling, drain and rinse the beans. Mash the beans using a fork - you could use a food processor but don't blitz them too much, keep them chunky!
Stir in the onion, garlic, olive oil and dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Form into patties, place the burgers on greaseproof paper and chill for about half an hour.
Heat a little oil in a frying pan and cook on a medium heat on both sides until browned and heated all the way through.
You'll also love
- Quinoa & Black Bean Burgers with... 4.6/5 (16 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Pinto Bean Stew with... 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Spaghetti with Quick Turkey Chili 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon, Oatmeal, and Raisin Cookies 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Sausage and lentil casserole 4.3/5 (6 Votes)
- Chopped Corn & Black Bean Mason... 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Spicy Black Bean Burgers with... 0/5 (0 Votes)