Voodoo Smoked Turkey
Voodoo Smoked Turkey is a delicious alternative to your usual Thanksgiving turkey. So smokey and flavorful, you're going to love it. Don't forget to pair it with your favorite sides!
- VOODOO RUB:
- 1 (10- to 20- pound) turkey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion salt
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon msg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 270mins
Mix rub together in a bowl then place into an air tight container.
Prepare a thawed turkey, remove the innards and skin, rinse off the turkey.
Apply the rub with a light to medium coat. Place into a container large enough to hold the turkey. Cover with foil or plastic wrap then place into fridge over night.
Remove from fridge and place on counter allowing it to come up to room temperature. Prepare your smoker at this time and preheat it
Once your smoker has been preheated for 30 to 45 minutes start the smoke and place your turkey in the smoker. smoke with apple, maple, oak for no more then 4 hours. If you like a stronger smoke use mesquite or hickory.
Continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 180°F. Remove and let rest 10 minutes prior to carving.
You'll also love
- Updated Waldorf Salad with Apple... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- MEMPHIS STYLE PULLED SMOKED... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Bone-In Rib End Pork Roast with... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Glazed Ham 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Crisp Apple and Sausage Salad... 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Virgin Afterglow 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Ground Turkey Zucchini Meatballs 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers with Zucchini 4.2/5 (5 Votes)