smoked sausage and white bean soup
- tofurky polish sausage
- 1 cup carrot, sliced or diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 (15.8 ounce) cans BUSH’S® Great Northern Beans, drained
- 2-3 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped or 12 ounces frozen, thawed and squeezed to drain
- pinch of Smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan or Asiago cheese (optional)
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 4-quart saucepan or dutch-oven over medium-high heat. Add sausage medallions and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Transfer sausage to a plate.
Heat remaining oil in same pan. Cook carrots, garlic, oregano, black pepper and thyme sprigs about 5 minutes; stir often.
Return sausage (and any juices) to pan. Add beans and broth and cook on medium-low heat, crushing a few beans with the back of a spoon to thicken sauce, until slightly thickened, 8-10 minutes.
Season with salt and smoked paprika. Cover and simmer 30 minutes over low heat.
Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 2 minutes.
Serve topped with cheese, if desired.
use less broth if you prefer it to be 'more stew like' and more broth if you prefer it to be more 'soup like'
You'll also love
- Lemon, Thyme, & Cauliflower Bean... 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
- Squash Relish 4.2/5 (10 Votes)
- Tuscan Kale & Cannellini Bean Salad 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Turkey Ragu on Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Pan Roasted Pork Tenderloin with... 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Cheese Tortellini Soup w/... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Seriously Good Sausage Bites,... 4.2/5 (38 Votes)
- Rosemary White Bean Soup 4.5/5 (10 Votes)