This Eggs Benedict recipe is perfect for two and it is a delicious way to start any anniversary or Valentine's celebration. Wake up your favorite person with a platter of all their breakfast favorites including this classic benedict and show them just how much you care. There is no better way to say "I love you" than with creamy hollandaise over scrumptious eggs and Canadian bacon.
- 4 eggs
- 2 English Muffins
- 4 pieces thinly sliced ham or Canadian-style Bacon
- hollandaise sauce to taste
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 1 stick melted butter, about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Lightly grease a medium skillet. Fill half way up with water. Bring water to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, bubbles just breaking on surface of water. Break one egg into a measuring cup; carefully slide egg into simmering water as close to the water as possible. Continue with each egg, give each egg enough space in water. Simmer eggs, uncovered, for about 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken, do not over cook.
Slice muffins in half, place cut sides up on baking sheet; broil 3 to 4 inches from heat for about 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven; top each muffin half with a thin slice of ham or Canadian style Bacon; broil about 60 seconds more or until meat is heated.
Top ham with poached egg; spoon Hollandaise Sauce over egg, and serve. May sprinkle with chives if desired.
In a heavy sauce pan, beat egg yolks with wooden spoon or wire whisk until smooth but not too fluffy. Add lemon juice, melted butter, hot water, salt and cayenne pepper.
Cook over low heat and beat until sauce begins to thicken, about 5 minutes or so. The sauce will not thicken as it cools. Makes about 1 cup.
You'll also love
- Halloween Sloppy Joes 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- French Onion Chicken Sandwiches 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Cheese Balls 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Croissant Breakfast Bread Pudding... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Baked Red Velvet Donuts 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Upside Down Banana Walnut French... 4.3/5 (35 Votes)
- Polynesian Parfaits for Two 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
Review this recipe