Heart of Palm Salsa (aka Avocado Pico de Gallo “Cocktail”)
- 2 medium-size tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, plus 6 small sprigs for garnish
- 3 green onions, chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 medium-size avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 15-oz. can hearts of palm, drained, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
Adapted from vegetariantimes.com
1. Combine tomatoes, chopped cilantro, green onions, garlic and jalapeño in medium bowl.
2. Add avocado, hearts of palm, lime juice and salt; gently toss to mix.
3. Serve with tortilla chips or spoon mixture into 6 martini glasses, and garnish with a sprig of cilantro.