Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana
- 12 large mushrooms - (to 15)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion chopped finely
- 2 ounces diced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped green pepper
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- 1/2 cup finely-crushed Ritz crackers (abt 12 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop stems and reserve. In a large skillet, melt butter and cook onion, pepperoni, green pepper, garlic, and chopped mushroom stems until tender but not brown. Add crackers, parmesan, parsley, salt, oregano, a dash of pepper, and mix well. Stir in broth.
Spoon mixture into mushroom caps, heaping tops. In a shallow baking pan with 1/4-inch water covering bottom of pan, place stuffed mushrooms. Bake uncovered about 25 minutes until heated thoroughly.
This recipe yields 12 to 15 pieces.