Ann's Chicken For Slow cooker
- 1 frying chicken cut in pieces
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup Sauterne or sherry
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 2 tablespoons dry Italian salad dressing Mix
- 2 packages cream cheese - (3 oz ea) cut in cubes
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
Wash chicken and pat dry. Brush with butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in Slow cooker. Sprinkle with dry salad mix. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
About 3/4 hour before serving, mix soup, cream cheese, wine, and onion in small saucepan. Cook until smooth. Pour over chicken in pot. Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 servings.