Ragin' Cajun Smoked Turkey
You'll find some great Cajun flavors in this Ragin' Cajun Smoked Turkey recipe. Go for it and try something different this Thanksgiving, it's delicious!
- RAGIN' CAJUN RUB:
- 10 to 20 pound turkey
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Cajun spice
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup seasoned salt
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 260mins
Mix rub together in a bowl, then place into an air tight container.
Prepare thawed turkey, remove the innards and skin, rinse off the turkey.
Apply the rub with a light to medium coat. Place into a container large enough to hold the turkey, cover with foil or plastic wrap then place into fridge overnight.
Remove from fridge and place on counter allowing it to come up to room temperature. Prepare your smoker at this time and pre-heat it.
Once your smoker has been preheated for 30 to 45 minutes start the smoke and place your turkey in the smoker. Smoke with apple, maple, oak for no more than 4 hours. If you like a stronger smoke flavor, use mesquite or hickory.
Continue to cook until an internal temperature is reached of 180°F. Remove and let rest for 10 minutes prior to carving and serving. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Fresh Pear Cocktail 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Mexican Black Bean Buckwheat Burger 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Tasty Tomato and Bacon Pizza With... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- TANGY SANTA MARIA SMOKED BEEF... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Fresh Herb and Salt-Rubbed Roasted... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Turkey-Cheddar Panini 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Cajun Smoked Turkey 4.3/5 (7 Votes)