Lemon-Ginger Cookies/Refrigerator Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- crushed nuts or colored sprinkles
1. Beat butter, sugar, lemon peel, ginger and baking soda in large bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy. Beat in egg with mixer on low speed, beat in flour half at a time until blended.
2. Divide dough in half. Roll each half int 9" logs. Roll in nuts or sprinkles until logs are 12" long. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hrs or overnight.
To bake heat oven to 350. cut logs into 1/4" slices- place 1" apart on coated cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Remove to racks to cool.