Chicken Apple Sausage
healthy & yummy... great family breakfast treat! Save time by making the meat mixture the night before.
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet apple, such as Gala or Honeycrisp, peeled and diced
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel fennel seed, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 90mins
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until beginning to soften, about 2 minutes. Add apples and cook, stirring, 2 more minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 5 minutes. Wipe out the pan.
Add chicken, sage, sugar, fennel, salt and pepper to the bowl with the apples and onions. Gently mix to combine. .
Generously coat the pan with cooking spray and heat over medium. Using a 1/3-cup measure, scoop 4 portions of the sausage mixture into pan, flattening each into a 3-inch patty. Cook until the patties are browned and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, adjusting the heat as necessary to prevent burning. Coat the pan with cooking spray again and repeat with remaining sausage mixture.
Make Ahead Tip: Freeze the cooked sausage in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Per patty: 112 calories; 6g fat (1 g sat , 3g mono ); 5g carbs; 2g added sugars; 10g protein; 0g fiber
You'll also love
- Bakes Shrimp Scampi 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Tropical Shrimp Coctail 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Zucchini with Cheese Nut Stuffing 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Asian Marinated Beef Strips on a... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Eggplant Chicken 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef With Red Wine Sauce 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Julius 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cinnanib Baked Apples with Walnuts 4/5 (1 Votes)