Champagne Shrimp and Pasta
- 8 ounes angel hair pasta (or your choice of pasta)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 plum tomates, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
1 Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes, or until al dents; drain.
2. Meanwhile heat oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Cook and stir mushrooms in oil until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan and set aside.
3. Combine shrimp, champayne, and salt in the frying pan, and cook over high heat. When liquid just begins to boil, remove shrimp from pan. Add shallots and tomatoes to champagne, boil until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup, abuit 8 minutes. Add shrimp and mushrooms to sauce, and heat through. Adjust seasoning to taste.
4. Toss hot cooked pasta with remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley. To serve, spoon shrimp with sauce over paste and top with Parmesan cheese.