Breakfast Grilled Cheese
An all-in-one breakfast sandwich with eggs, bacon and melted cheese, it's so good! It's the perfect breakfast sandwich to keep you tide over until lunch, or make at dinnertime if you're feeling daring!
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices Colby-jack cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crispy
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper until blended.
Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture. As the eggs begin to set, gently pull them across the pan with a spatula, forming large curds. Continue cooking while pulling and folding the eggs until thickened no and visible liquid egg remains. Remove from the pan, set aside.
Clean out the skillet.
Heat the skillet to medium heat. Spread the remaining 2 teaspoons of butter evenly on one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices in the skillet butter side down. Top each with 1 slice of cheese, scrambled eggs, bacon, and an additional slice of cheese. Cover with the remaining bread slices, butter side up.
Cook sandwiches over medium heat, until browned on the bottom. Once they are browned on the bottom flip them over and cook until browned on the other side and the cheese has melted.
You'll also love
- Pioneer Woman's Garlic Cheese Bread 4.6/5 (326 Votes)
- Unforgettable Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (319 Votes)
- Baked Penne with Chicken, Broccoli... 4.5/5 (320 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken Pita 4.5/5 (298 Votes)
- Breakfast Pockets 4.5/5 (245 Votes)
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole 4.4/5 (228 Votes)
- King's Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Rolls 4.6/5 (126 Votes)