Beef Tenderloin (Roast Fillet of Beef)
Made this for Christmas dinner in 2013. Easy and excellent! Leftover was good, too! From Cutco flyer.
- 2-3 1/2 lbs. beef tenderloin
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/4 lb bacon or salt pork (didn't use)
Place beef on rack in open roasting pan..
Sprinkle with salt, pepper; lay bacon or salt pork strips over meat..
Roast in moderate oven at 325.
Rare: 22 minutes per pound.
Medium: 25 minutes per pound.
Because of lack of fat through this cut of meat, it is not advisable to roast to a well done stage.
Do not add water, do not cover, do not baste during roasting period.
You'll also love
- Honey-Sesame Popcorn Snack Mix 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Balsamic Glazed Tuna Steaks 4.4/5 (9 Votes)
- POULTRY - Pavochon (Thanksgiving... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Turkey Tetrazzini 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Beef and Mushroom Brochettes... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Leffler's Beef Tenderloin 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chateaubriand (Beef Tenderloin) 4.1/5 (20 Votes)