Hill Country Peach Cobbler
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- pinch salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
Preheat the oven to 350.
Melt the butter in a small saute pan set over medium-high heat until it bubbles and turns a nutty-brown color. Watch it carefully to prevent it from burning.
Pour the butter into an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a medium bowl, stir together the granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and milk. Pour the mixture over the butter, but do not stir.
Arrange the peaches evenly on top of the batter, and sprinkle with cinnamon and then the brown sugar.
Bake the cobbler for 40-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Miraculously, the batter will migrate from the bottom of the pan to the top to cover the peach slices. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream, or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tropical-Berry Smoothie 4.6/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken Romano W/ Lemon Butter... 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Peach-Mango Sunrise Poke Cake 4.4/5 (19 Votes)
Review this recipe