Juicy Watermelon Salad
Fresh and light watermelon salad, perfect for hot summer nights. Serve with grilled chicken for a healthy supper.
- 8 cups watermelon, seedless, cubed
- 1 small red onion, cut into rings
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped or slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup arugula or baby spinach, fresh
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Watermelon slices, optional
- 1 cup (4 ounces) blue cheese, crumbled
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine watermelon and onion; cover and refrigerate until cold, about 30 minutes.
Just before serving, add macadamia nuts and arugula to watermelon mixture. In a small bowl, whisk vinaigrette and oil; drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Serve over sliced watermelon, if desired. Sprinkle with cheese.
You'll also love
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta with... 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Pumpkin Lava Cake - LongHorn... 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Scary Easy Werther's Caramel Apples 4.4/5 (60 Votes)
- Oatmeal Berry Crumble 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Watermelon Pizza 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Summer Watermelon Salad with... 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Watermelon Salad 4.3/5 (6 Votes)