Outback Potato Soup Recipe
- Potatoes (6-8 depending on the size)
- 1 Onion, diced
- 4 14 oz cans of chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 dash of basil
- 1 dash of sugar
- 2 sticks of butter
- 3/4 cupof flour
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4-5 pieces of cooked backon chopped
- Chopped chives (amount depends on your preference)
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack/Cheddar cheese blend
1. Boil the potatoes, peel and set aside.
2. In a large soup pot, melt the butter over a low to medium heat, being careful not to burn it.
3. Add the onion and cook until softened.
4. Add the flour and stir while it cooks for about 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add the chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, basil and sugar.
6. Bring to a boil, stirring with a wire whisk.
7. Gradually add the heavy cream until you've reached the proper consistency.
8. Chop the potatoes into bite sized cubes and add to the soup.
9. Simmer for approxiately 5 minutes to bring the potatoes to temperature.
10. Ladle the soup into individual bowls and garnish with chopped bacon, chives and the cheese blend.