Appetizer - Beef Tenderloin Crostini
Giada De Laurentis - served to William and Kate
- For the crostini:
- 1/2 baguette or ficelle loaf, sliced into 20 1/4- to 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (3 1/2 to 4-pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
To make the crostini:
Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet.
Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the bread is light golden.
To make the steak:
Spray a small baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine the salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and garlic. Rub the spice mixture
all over the steaks.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the steaks and cook for two minutes on each side until browned.
Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes for medium doneness.
Let the steaks rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice the steaks, across the grain, into 20 1/4-inch-thick slices.
To make the mayonnaise:
In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mascarpone cheese, basil, curry powder, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
Spread a heaped 1/2 teaspoonful of the curry mayonnaise over each toast slice.
Arrange a slice of steak on top.
Place a 1/4 teaspoon dollop of curry mayonnaise on top of the steak and arrange a single leaf of
cilantro on top.
You'll also love
- Grilled Eggplant with Middle... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fruit Salad with Peach Pie Filling 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pork-Filled Turnovers 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Beef Tenderloin and King... 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Fabulous Beef Tenderloin 3.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin with brandy sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-Wrapped Venison Tenderloin... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon & Lemon Pepper Cream... 0/5 (0 Votes)