Chocolate Hazelnut Peanut Butter Pinwheel Cookies
These cookies are beautiful and taste as good as they look! What's better than chocolate, peanut butter, and hazelnut?
- 1 package sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate flavored hazelnut spread, like Nutella
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 180mins
Adapted from pillsburybaking.com
Beat 1 3/4 cups cookie mix, peanut butter, 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1 egg and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until blended.
Stir flour, salt and remaining cookie mix in a separate medium bowl until blended. Add chocolate hazelnut spread, remaining 3 tablespoons melted butter and 1 egg. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. (Dough will be stiff.) Divide both peanut butter dough and chocolate hazelnut dough in half to make 4 parts. Roll each part between 2 sheets of wax paper to make four 10 x 8-inch rectangles. Stack flat layers of wrapped dough on top of each other on baking sheet. Chill 15 minutes.
Remove top sheets of wax paper from sheets of dough. Turn one peanut butter layer upside down onto one chocolate hazelnut layer, aligning corners. Remove wax paper from peanut butter layer. Allow dough to soften slightly, about 3 minutes. Beginning on one long side, roll up dough to make a log, making sure the center is rolled tightly with no air pockets. Roll wax paper around log. Repeat with remaining 2 sheets of dough. Freeze 1 hour.
Heat oven to 375°F. Cut logs into 1/4-inch slices. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until just lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Sandwich Cookie Variation
Spread peanut butter and/or chocolate hazelnut spread in a thin layer on bottom side of half the cookies. Place another cookie, bottom side down, on top of peanut butter layer to make sandwich cookies.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Baby Red Potatoes 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Banana Toffee Picnic Cake 4.4/5 (23 Votes)
- Rolo Ritz Cracker Cookies 4.3/5 (27 Votes)
- Perfected White Chocolate... 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Nutella Hazelnut Biscotti 4.3/5 (30 Votes)
- Hazelnut Chocolate Chip Cookies 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate-Hazelnut... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies 4.3/5 (22 Votes)