Apple-Pecan French Toast
Made for Thanksgiving 2007 and everyone loved it.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium Jonathan or McIntosh apples peeled and shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf French bread cut in 12 1-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
Adapted from crazyhorsesghost.hubpages.com
1. Grease a 13 X 9 pan.
1. Combine eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, apples and vanilla.
3. Put bread in single layer in pan. Pour egg mixture over bread. Turn bread to coat other side. Cover with plastic wra;; and refrigerate overight.
4. Preheat oven to 425. Sprinkle pecans over top and drizzle with butter. Bake 20-25 minutes. Serve with butter.