Luby's Cafeteria's Jalapeño Cornbread
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 extra-large egg
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup white or yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped drained stemmed jalapeños
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk, buttermilk, egg, oil, sugar, salt, and baking powder, add cornmeal and flour; mix well. Blend in red pepper, jalapeños, and corn.
Place in a greased pan or cast-iron skillet and bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
This recipe yields ?? servings.