Overstuffed Nutters Recipe from Baking Out Loud by Hedy Goldsmith
These overstuffed Nutter Butter-style cookies are so creamy and full of sweet peanut butter flavor!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup chopped salted peanuts (preferably Virginia)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (preferably organic), at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (preferably organic), at room temperature
- 1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla bean paste or pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from thedailymeal.com
To make the cookies, position racks in the upper middle and lower middle of the oven, and preheat the oven to 375°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or nonstick liners.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Add the oatmeal and peanuts and stir until well blended.
Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until soft and smooth. Add the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt and beat on medium-high speed for 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the peanut butter and beat for 30 seconds or until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add the flour mixture, and beat on low speed until just combined.
Using a 1-tablespoon ice cream scoop, shape the dough into balls and arrange them about 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Using the palm of your hand, flatten each mound slightly.
Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, switching the baking sheets’ positions halfway through baking, until golden brown around the edges.
Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks and let cool completely.
Using the paddle attachment of an electric mixer, beat the confectioners’ sugar, butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt on medium speed for about 3 minutes, until soft and smooth.
Scrape the filling onto a work surface and shape it into an 18-inch-long log. Cut the log into 1-inch pieces. Arrange 1/2 the cooled cookies bottom side up on a work surface. Put one piece of filling in the center of each cookie. Top with the remaining cookies, top side up, and press gently to push the filling to the edge.
You'll also love
- Chili Con Carne (Chili Beans) 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Easy Clementine Olive Oil Cake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cocoa Puffs Banana Cream Pie 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Country Christmas Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Mini Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cream... 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Frosting Filled Birthday Cookies 4.3/5 (46 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Sandwich... 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
Review this recipe