Spiced Peaches in Crisp Phyllo Pastry (Bric de Melocotón Perfumado)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened white grape juice, divided
- 1/2 cup riesling or other sweet white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 4 cups coarsely chopped peeled peaches (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 12 (14 x 9-inch) sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
Adapted from myrecipes.com
Combine granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons grape juice in a medium saucepan.
Cook over high heat 4 minutes or until golden, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
Stir in remaining 5 tablespoons grape juice, wine, and the next 5 ingredients (through cinnamon); bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove and discard cloves and cinnamon stick.
Stir in peaches; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium; cook 25 minutes or until very thick, stirring frequently.
Cool 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°.
Place 1 phyllo sheet on work surface (cover remaining dough to prevent drying); lightly coat with cooking spray.
Place another phyllo sheet on top of first; lightly coat with cooking spray.
Repeat procedure with the remaining phyllo and cooking spray, ending with cooking spray.
Spoon peach mixture along 1 long edge of phyllo, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold over short edges of phyllo to cover 2 inches of peach mixture on each end.
Starting at long edge with 2-inch border, roll up jelly-roll fashion. (Do not roll tightly, or pastry may split.)
Place pastry, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
Divide pastry into 6 equal portions by scoring 5 diagonal slits on top using a sharp knife. Lightly coat the pastry with cooking spray.
Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet on a wire rack.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Cut along scored slits into equal portions using a serrated knife.
You'll also love
- Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin -... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- BACON CHEESEBURGER ROLL-UPS 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- SHARONS GRIDDLER POTATOES 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Company Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chestnut & Apricot-Stuffed Turkey... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Pomegranate Lemon Spritzer 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Peach fuzzies 4.4/5 (10 Votes)