Frittata with Asparagus, Tomato and Fontina
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus a pinch
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 12 ounces asparagus, trimmed, cut into 1/4 to 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tomato, seeded, diced
- 3 ounces Fontina, diced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
1. Preheat the broiler.
2. Whisk the eggs, cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl to blend; set aside.
3. Heat the oil and butter in a 9-1/2" diameter nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
4. Add the asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
5. Raise the heat to medium-high.
6. Add the tomato and a pinch of salt and saute 2 minutes longer.
7. Pour the egg mixture over the asparagus mixture and cook for a few minutes until the eggs start to set.
8. Sprinkle with cheese.
9. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until the frittata is almost set but the top is still runny, about 2 minutes.
10. Place the skillet under the broiler.
11. Broil until the top is set and golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.
12. Let the frittata stand 2 minutes.
13. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the frittata from skillet and slide the frittata onto a plate.